Landlords with a spare room in the home they live in might want to take on a lodger to generate some additional income. A lodger is an excluded occupier which means that they do not have exclusive possession of their room and will share facilities with the live-in landlord such as the kitchen and bathroom. Whilst a verbal agreement might seem sufficient, it is recommended to establish a formal agreement between the landlord and lodger to clearly spell out each side's rights and obligations.

You can use Legislate to formalise these terms in a lodger licence agreement. Landlords might wish to use a letting agent to source their lodgers. In this case, the letting agent can create the lodger licence agreement with Legislate. Watch the following tutorial to find out how:

If a landlord has sourced the lodger by themselves, they can create the licence using Legislate as well.

Did this answer your question?